Skip to main content

Featured

Looking For Love in All the Wrong Places

So, my sister and I are currently single baby boomers and have tried online dating with ghastly results. Just seems the older you get, the worse trying to date gets, especially online. But perhaps we should give it another try? But with so many bad experiences, it's hard to get back into it. Like the guy who dressed all in black looking like a cross between Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash who had just escaped from a mental facility. His hair was dyed jet black, and his skin was a ghostly white. He told me his wife had committed suicide and he had several issues with his mother and sister for years. By the end of the night, I ended up recommending therapy to him. Needless to say, I ran like hell from the bar when the meet ended. Then there was the guy who said he only smoked socially in his profile. I arrived first and ordered a drink. He walked into the bar smoking, smoked throughout dinner, lighting his cigarettes off the last cigarette he was smoking. I had said I preferred a n

Baby Boom Sisters

By Barbara L. Nelson

It's the end of summer here, and like the Baby Boom movie, we did some canning already. My sister
lives on two acres and has raspberry bushes. So I picked several buckets full and made raspberry
preserves and raspberry dessert sauce, which is a great drizzled on ice cream and cheesecake.

My sister bought a home in Haddam, Connecticut last fall and I moved in this May. She has two dogs. Peanut Butter, a Welsh Corgi, and Lucy, a dachshund. I brought my two cats I found as strays from South Louisiana and drove
1,500 miles to help her settle into her new home and to jumpstart my freelance writing career in the Northeast.

My sister still works in Manhattan and comes home on the weekends. I take care of the house and pets and write. We venture out to discover the beauty of the countryside here in Connecticut with the dogs in tow on the weekends.

Here we are crossing the Connecticut River with Peanut and Lucy. Happy pups they are, and they are well loved. Peanut came from a puppy mill in Missouri. My sister rescued her when she worked as the CFO at the SPCA.

Lucy was my dog that my sister then fell in love with when my brother brought her by car to visit. She has stayed in all our hearts.
We all love Lucy and Peanut Butter as well as our two cats Sofie and Peppa.
We will be blogging about our adventures here and posting on our Instagram account.
Sofie
Peppa



Comments

Popular Posts